Friday, August 27, 2010

"Reading" Our Story

Friday finished up our first week together. On Wednesday I introduced the activboard to my students. We play the game "Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?" We moved cookies with our names attached from the cookie jar to a plate. The kids LOVED it. All their parents and I heard for two days was the chanting of little voices singing "**** took the cookies, who me, and couldn't be. This morning I read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? It is one of my favorite read alongs at circle time. After reading it together a couple of times we played through the story on the Activboard. At center time I left the flipchart open for free play and the following was captured



3 comments:

  1. Is there supposed to be a video here, would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW....saw your profile, I'm the mom of 3.5 yr old twins. I am interested in seeing what you are doing with the activboard. I start with preschools in 2 weeks, first yr in preschool, just trying to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure why there is no video showing on your computer. It is showing up on my computer at work and at home. Maybe you need a plug-in to view it. I love my activboard. The kids use it everyday. There are so many neat things you can do with it.

    ReplyDelete